Balance is one year old! Happy Birthday!
8th May 2014 | Posted in News
Balance was delighted to celebrate it’s first year in business on 1st May 2014. The team gathered together to share some delicious home made food to celebrate the year’s achievements, which include:
- Highly Commended in the Best New Business Category at the Kingston Business Awards in October 2013
- Launched Balance’s Workplace Mediation Service for employer/employee disputes
- Awarded 4 out of 4 stars by London Councils for the management of our employment support contract,
and based on feedback from individuals with mental health conditions
- Secured some funding towards the set up of a buddy scheme – we are seeking further funding in order to make this a reality!
- Achieved Social Enterprise Mark recognition, which proves that Balance, as a business, is putting people and planet alongside profit
- Achieved Green Mark level 1; this demonstrates that we have identified our environmental impacts and have implemented good practice to manage and prevent them
- Awarded a certificate for Adult Learners Week with our partner Mind in Kingston for good practice in supporting people with mental health conditions into employment
These successes and developments complement the ongoing achievements of the individuals we support in working towards their goals in employment and other aspects of their lives.
Andrea Biggs, CEO of Balance reflects on our first year.
I am extremely proud of what we have achieved in our first year; we have worked hard as the above highlights. We are enjoying being a part of the Social Enterprise community, the freedom and flexibility that it allows us to shape the services the way that our customers tell us they want.
I have no doubt that Balance will continue to go from strength to strength and support more people. In our first year we have achieved huge growth in terms of our range of services and staffing team, we will take great care to ensure we continue to deliver high quality services that people want and remain true to our mission and values.
Our mission: Through delivering excellent services, leading by example and influencing policy decisions, Balance will break down the barriers that prevent vulnerable people achieving their life goals.Andrea Biggs, Chief Executive, Balance
Watch this news space for future developments!